In order topromote international exchanges, training of talents, scientific research,community service and cultural communication of Tianjin’s colleges anduniversities, Tianjin Municipal Education Commission （TMEC）has set up TianjinGovernment Scholarship for international students.
I. Supporting Categories
TGS supportsoutstanding undergraduate students, graduate students, and Doctoral degreestudents.
Tuition andInsurance for 2017-2018 Academic Year
*TGS ONLY offerstuition and insurance for the first academic year. Student should pay fortuition and insurance from the second academic year till graduation.
III. Informationof Majors
All applicantsmust register for Chinese-taught credit courses.
1.Applicantsmust be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, andbe in good health.
2. Therequirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for theundergraduate programs;
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for themaster’s programs;
be a master’sdegree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
3. Chinese LanguageProficiency
The applicantsshould meet the language requirements of TUFE, and provide HSK certificate:
Undergraduateprogram requires HSK Level 4.
Mater’s Programrequires HSK Level 4
Doctoral Programrequires HSK Level 5
If the applicantwho cannot offer HSK certificate when apply for scholarship, TUFE will arrange1-year foundation program for the applicant and applicant should pay fortuition of the foundation program.
4. The applicantsare not allowed to apply for other kinds of scholarship.
5. Therequirements for on-campus applicants
(1) The applicantmust be self-funded Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and Doctoral degreeinternational students who have already registered in TUFE. Applicants who haveasked for suspension of schooling, retaining student status or extension ofschooling over last academic year are not qualified.
(2) Applicant musthave a good performance: NO absence, violations of TUFE’s regulations, orviolations of Chinese laws and regulations.
(3) Applicant musthave a good attitude toward study and work hard. Applicant’s academicperformance should be excellent in the previous academic year with average markof all courses above 85.
(4) On-campusapplicant will be granted with no more than one scholarship in the same year.
The applicantsmust fill in and submit the following documents:
1. ApplicationForm for Tianjin Government Scholarship
2. Notarizedhighest diploma and academic report
3. Foreigners’Physical Examination Form
4. Study plan orresearch plan
5. Copy of VALIDITYpassport
6. HSK certificate
7. Recommendation Letterfrom 2 professors or associate professors
8. Valid documentsof legal guardians in China （onlyrequired for applicants under the age of 18）
1. Applicationdocuments must be in duplicate and will NOT be returned no matter theapplicants are admitted or not.
2. Notarizeddocument is required if it is not written in Chinese or English.
Applicant must submitapplication documents to International Education School of TUFE.
VII. ApplicationDeadline: June 23, 2017
VIII. Placement& Scholarship Confirmation
1 . TUFE willreview all application documents and reserves the right to make necessaryadjustments/changes to the candidate’s major or field of study, supportingcategories and duration of scholarship. Ineligible or incomplete applicationswill not be considered.
2. Applicationdocuments of recommended applicants from TUFE will be considered by TianjinMunicipal Education Commission (TMEC) for eligibility and qualification.
3. When qualifiedapplications are confirmed by TMEC, TUFE will publish the Admission result onhttp://inter.tjufe.edu.cn. The admission documents including Admission Letterand Visa Application Form for Study in China （JW202）will be sent to the applicant.
4. Eachscholarship applicant will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
5. Scholarshiprecipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or durationof study unless they give up the grant. Scholarship will not be reserved if theapplicant cannot register before the registration deadline.
IX. Contact Us
Mr. Hao HU
Tel: +86 2288186166 Fax：+86 2288186167
Address: 25Zhujiang Road, Hexi District, Tianjin
Zip Code: 300222